Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandparental visitations -- How do I go about appeal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandparental visitations -- How do I go about appeal?

I have a case for grand-parental visitations. My son passed and granddaughters mother will not allow me to see her. We went to court today. Judge allowed her to provider her response declaration at that time. I felt as if i was not able to fully respond to all statements. She is stating that she don't want child to visit because me and my family are a bad influence. Judge stated he will send judgment to us in mail within 2 weeks. I feel that i was not given time to address all her accusations. I received a denial from the court today per her allegations. How do i go about appeal. I don't have the income to hire an attorney. Or what options do i have at this point?

re: Grandparental visitations -- How do I go about appeal?

Some states do not recognize grand parent visitation. The judge hears the case because it is filed. He lets the parent speak, hoping they will agree to it, though they are not legally required to. What is your state?
    Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

re: Grandparental visitations -- How do I go about appeal?

Originally posted by answer View Post
      I have a case for grand-parental visitations. My son passed and granddaughters mother will not allow me to see her. We went to court today. Judge allowed her to provider her response declaration at that time. I felt as if i was not able to fully respond to all statements. She is stating that she don't want child to visit because me and my family are a bad influence. Judge stated he will send judgment to us in mail within 2 weeks. I feel that i was not given time to address all her accusations. I received a denial from the court today per her allegations. How do i go about appeal. I don't have the income to hire an attorney. Or what options do i have at this point?
      The problem here is that most states do not recognize a grandparents' right to visitation with their grandchildren without permission from the parents.

Apparently, the children's mother presented a compelling argument, and the judge decided against you. That's a risk you take by representing yourself in court without an attorney.

You can certainly appeal, but that is a very difficult process without an attorney. In an appeal, you would not be able to re-try the case or present new evidence, but only could appeal based upon misinterpretation of the law as it applies in your case. If it's just a matter of you not being able to convince the judge based on what was already presented, trying to appeal would likely be a waste of time for you.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X