Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze assets order

My ex texted me recently that they froze his accounts to collect for arrears. Thank goodness because I knew he was hiding money as Im begging for payments so I can bring our 2 children to the dentist etc etc. My question is will I see any of the frozen assets? How much of it do they give to me for his arrears? Also when can i plan on seeing anything, even a small amount of it? Do they disburse in payments or a lump sum?

Thank you

Re: freeze assets order

I wish to inform you that you can receive money. Rules of court and laws of your state will govern release of assets. In this regard you can have the money released from authorities by informing that money must be transferred to you because money belongs to arrears of child support amount due to you. If money is not released then court order for release may be sought.

AFF

Comment

Re: freeze assets order

Originally posted by erin6150 View Post
      My ex texted me recently that they froze his accounts to collect for arrears. Thank goodness because I knew he was hiding money as Im begging for payments so I can bring our 2 children to the dentist etc etc. My question is will I see any of the frozen assets? How much of it do they give to me for his arrears? Also when can i plan on seeing anything, even a small amount of it? Do they disburse in payments or a lump sum?

Thank you
      You don't say where you are located, but different jurisdictions have different holding requirements prior to disbursing assets or funds seized to satisfy a judgment or child support arrears. The holding period varies according to local statutes, in order to allow the person from whom the assets/funds were seized to file a claim with the courts that the funds didn't belong to them or that they should have been legally protected from seizure.

The best source of information with regard to how long you would need to wait before receiving any/all of these funds would be the agency that executed the bank levy on your behalf. Depending on the process, you could be looking at weeks, months, or years before seeing the money.
      "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
      "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
      "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X