USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

USA - NJ / French child

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • USA - NJ / French child

    Hello, Thank you for your answer, will help...
    I m french living in France and i had a child with an south american usa citizen man living in New Jersey. We was not married. He abandon us when i was 7 month pregnant .... He did recognized our child before birth to the france ambassy . I did ever thing to make contact with him, even traveling to usa when my son was 6 month to introduce them... He ignored us, gived no money to help us also. So i decide to go to court.( French court then exequatur to NJ court ). The judge asked him to pay child support, right now. But the french court asked for the payment also of 2 years and i don t know how to make this french court decision applicable.
    Now the dad of my child is calling me only to ask me to stop child support !! not even to get new of his s abandon of familly

    Do you know if New Jersey court accepte retroactivity of child support in this situation ?

    Merci !

  • #2
    Re: USA - NJ / French child

    I wish to inform you that you can file a lawsuit against father for recovery of past child support based upon judgment of France. In this regard you may file for enforcement of French judgment and recovery of child support amount. If court considers that judgment was given in a fair manner then they may enforce French court order and grant past two year child support order.



    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.