Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denying visitation for safety reasons

My 6 year old son's father is currently under investigation for bruises found on our son (which immediately after my son told me what happened and I saw the bruise we went to the ER for documentation with photos) after a weekend visit with his father that my son says were caused by his father spanking him twice with a fly swatter. Dad is of course denying it and calling our son a liar. Some background: Father is currently facing assult charges from his exwife whom he has another child with which he has to see with supervision per their court order. I have tried to find out why he has supervised visitation but no one will tell me anything. When I found out about the charges and the supervised visitation I asked my lawyer if I could get the same,but my lawyer told me that unless there was a good reason for me to think my child would be in danger the chances were slim. Child protective services investigation is still ongoing but they tell me they have no authority to change custody and visitation because there is no concrete proof that my son is telling the truth and they feel that he is not in any imminet danger right now despite the fact that father told CPS worker who told me that he was going to deal with his son's lying. Worker explained to me that it is my job as the parent to protect my child so I need to go through the courts which is what I am doing but this takes time unless there is blood on the floor and a body to go with it. I have asked if I can get a protective order but I was told that the current custody order that states that father has right to take our son every other weekend would override this and until order is changed police will enforce current order. this friday is when our son is supposed to go with his father again and I am not sure what I should do because my son has not changed his story once and is afraid to go back with his father. I have asked father to please understand that our son does not want to see him and is afraid and father told me I could not keep him away from his child. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Re: denying visitation for safety reasons

I dont you getting any different advice than you were given on parentnook

Comment

Fly swatters are not lethal weapons. You are seriously in denial if you think teaching the child to lie is better than a few swats on the bucket.
      Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Who says he is lying except for the man accused of leaving the bruise? So I guess your idea is to teach my child that coming forward about abuse is useless declare he is a liar and next he better keep his mouth shut since the adult is always right. God I hope you do not have any kids or any contact with them in any way shape or form.

Comment

No it is about parents presenting an organized front, in an effort to correct poor choices made by their child. I suspect yours will be the ones posting here at age 20, to find a means to have their parent jailed or divorced so they may continue living off their money, without following any rules.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Comment

It is obvious to me that you are a complete idiot so thanks for nothing. As I said I really hope you have no children and that you grow up yourself. So glad to know that you feel parents should unite to protect themselves from their lying chidren. Hitting a littel to close to home for you. So glad you are not my child's parent because I am sure the beatings would continue with your full approval.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerslilyrn View Post
              It is obvious to me that you are a complete idiot so thanks for nothing. As I said I really hope you have no children and that you grow up yourself. So glad to know that you feel parents should unite to protect themselves from their lying chidren. Hitting a littel to close to home for you. So glad you are not my child's parent because I am sure the beatings would continue with your full approval.
              Actually, my children have grown up very well adjusted. My daughter graduated early from high school and is a sophomore in college. My son is active in robotics, computer programing and is in advanced classes. Over the years, they experienced cooperative co-parenting and corporal punishment when applicable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X