Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother giving children to someone else

My hubbys ex has custody of their children and my hubby is supposed to get visitation every other weekend. Since this has ended, he has not seen his children in 4 years (she has refused to follow the court order). He also has to pay child support. We have since moved out of province and have recently learned that she has given the children to her sister. She did not consult with my husband or even gave him the option of giving them to him. My question/s are: Is there anything we can do about her giving the children to her sister? Would calling child and family services do anything or is it just a waste of time? Can we call family maintenance and tell them that she doesnt have the children under her care?

Re: Mother giving children to someone else

Why hasn't he seen his children in 4 years? Did the courts not help him when he filed contempt time after time?

Comment

The courts did nothing for him. She kept on saying that we didnt call the night before, which we did, we were always late, which we werent and had so the judge said its he said/she said. We even went to the police and they told us because theres no enforcement on it, we couldnt do nothing. After court was done, and stipulations were in place, she still continued to not let him see his children. He kept calling the nights before they were to meet, she never answered the phone and never showed up so he stopped showing up (we were in court for 2 years before something was actually put into place). After not seeing his children for another 2 years, we moved. We have been in contact with the children through online and they told us they are living with their aunt

Comment

He is free to file for custody.
        Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

You mean go back to court again? Theyve been with her this entire time and the court still gave the kids to her even though they didnt even want to be with her. We really dont know what else to do. We live over 1500 km away from where they are. Shouldnt they be the ones (the children) who are now 15 and 13 tell us they want to come here? They are finally at the age where they can tell the judge where they want to be. Its something that cannot be forced. My QUESTION that I want answered is what can we do about child support since she doesnt even have them! Do we have to go to court to say that she doesnt have the kids to get the order changed?

Comment

Clicking your heels together, saying "Theres no place like home", is not likely to accomplish your goal. Court would be the place.
            Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine9719 View Post
              My QUESTION that I want answered is what can we do about child support since she doesnt even have them! Do we have to go to court to say that she doesnt have the kids to get the order changed?
              Mom has custody. This means she gets to decide where kiddoes live. If the aunt were not happy with the arrangement, she can file for support.

The judge will allow kids over 12 to speak, but they don't carry controlling weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine9719 View Post
                My hubbys ex has custody of their children and my hubby is supposed to get visitation every other weekend. Since this has ended, he has not seen his children in 4 years (she has refused to follow the court order). He also has to pay child support. We have since moved out of province and have recently learned that she has given the children to her sister. She did not consult with my husband or even gave him the option of giving them to him. My question/s are: Is there anything we can do about her giving the children to her sister? Would calling child and family services do anything or is it just a waste of time? Can we call family maintenance and tell them that she doesnt have the children under her care?
                legally you can do nothing-this is between your husband and his ex. you have no legal standing where his ,kids are concerned, youre not their mother. i suggest your let dad deal with the issues concering his children

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X