Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temporary guardianship, need advise fast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Temporary guardianship, need advise fast

    I have a friend in Missouri who is sick right now and can not care for her daughter. Her daughter's father has supervised visitation only. I live in Indiana. What needs to be done so I can temporarily have guardianship of her daughter until my friend is healthy enough to care for the child herself?

  • #2
    Re: Temporary guardianship, need advise fast

    Originally posted by swobniar View Post
    I have a friend in Missouri who is sick right now and can not care for her daughter. Her daughter's father has supervised visitation only. I live in Indiana. What needs to be done so I can temporarily have guardianship of her daughter until my friend is healthy enough to care for the child herself?
    Have the friend contact an attorney and enter into a guardianship agreement with them so that you can take care of her daughter.

    Out of curiosity, why does dad have only supervised visitations? Is that likely to change at anytime in the near future?
    "If it ain't in writing, it never happened."
    "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    "You can never make the same mistake twice, because the second time you make it, it's not a mistake, but a CHOICE."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Temporary guardianship, need advise fast

      Originally posted by sandyclaus View Post
      Have the friend contact an attorney and enter into a guardianship agreement with them so that you can take care of her daughter.

      Out of curiosity, why does dad have only supervised visitations? Is that likely to change at anytime in the near future?
      I believe he only has supervised visits because of drug use and physical abuse toward my friend. So no I do not believe that will change anytime soon. He has not seen his daughter since before Christmas because of not wanting to deal with having to set a date and time to see her.

      Is there a way for us to do it without a lawyer? Neither of us have money for a lawyer right now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Temporary guardianship, need advise fast

        Originally posted by swobniar View Post
        I believe he only has supervised visits because of drug use and physical abuse toward my friend. So no I do not believe that will change anytime soon. He has not seen his daughter since before Christmas because of not wanting to deal with having to set a date and time to see her.

        Is there a way for us to do it without a lawyer? Neither of us have money for a lawyer right now.
        Yes, the mother can draw a temporary guardianship agreement. A search online should turn up some forms. Better yet, you can also submit the question to one of the lawyers on this site from your state for help drafting one, what elements need to be included. The cost would be minimal -- only $9.95. A state by state, country by country listing is on the home page.

        Comment

        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

        the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

        widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X