Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have to pay child support if one of my kids come live with me

I have a son and daughter, in which they both live with their mother and I do pay child support for both of them at the current time. My son is doing terrible in school and my ex wife cant control him and is now considering having my son come live with me. Do I still have to pay child support for both my children? or Do I have to pay for just my daughter ? or Can we basically call it even since she will have one child and I will have on child and no child support will have to be paid to either party?

Re: Do I have to pay child support if one of my kids come live with me

You can quit paying if he lives with you but you must go to court and get the order changed. You don't need a lawyer to do so if you both agree.

Comment

Re: Do I have to pay child support if one of my kids come live with me

If one lives with each of you and you took it to court, a judge would most likely decide to make each parent pay child support. A friend of mine shares custody with his ex (one child going back and forth), the court ordered each of them to pay each other 20.00 a month! If you take it to court, just ask for it to be waived.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X