Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• she waited 15 years to call?!?!?

An old girlfriend waited 15 years to call and tell me we had a child. She was married at the time but seperated. No paternity test is in place obviously since she never told me. Now she is threatening me with court and child support and blah blah blah..... What happens next?? How do I find the right lawyer?? What am I on the hook for?? Thanks.

Re: she waited 15 years to call?!?!?

She could try to collect support going forward and possible for a small amount of back support but you will not have to pay for 15 years. She or you can request a court to order a paternity test to see who is the father. Or you can agree to do so. If she was married when the child was born and they knew he was not the father she may have waived her rights to pursue you.

Comment

Re: she waited 15 years to call?!?!?

If she was still married and not legally divorced, that child is considered a "child of the marriage" unless the husband signed any form saying he denied paternity. If he did not, he is considered the legal father and it is him she should be pursuing. If not, simply ask for a DNA test.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X