USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

    I have a 5mth old and im going through DHR to get child support.The father has not paid me anything since hes been born.Hes constantly bothering me saying he should be able 2 see him.I dont trust him with my son at all,cuz hes threatened to hit me at least 5 times and he has a drug record so hes still on probation.Please write me back and let me know what u think....

  • #2
    re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

    the father will be able to see your child, at first, if you can prove the drug usage, they will probably make him do supervised visits.

    Comment


    • #3
      re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have a 5mth old and im going through DHR to get child support.The father has not paid me anything since hes been born.Hes constantly bothering me saying he should be able 2 see him.I dont trust him with my son at all,cuz hes threatened to hit me at least 5 times and he has a drug record so hes still on probation.Please write me back and let me know what u think....
      untill there is an order for cs, he doesnt have to pay you anything. nor do you have to allow him to see the child untill he gets an order for visitation, then you wont have a choice but to let him see the child. you chose him to have a child with, you should have thought of that before you created a child with him. he will get some kind of visitation, its his child too

      Comment


      • #4
        re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

        I know exactly what you are going through my son is now 14 months old his "sperm donor" came to the hospital when he was thirty hours old and never seen him again. I was married to this man and he threatened me with a crow bar. We were divorced only five days before my son was born or I would have had to put his name on the birth certificate, but I was told since his name is not on the bc that even though I have filed for support that does NOT give him any rights he has to fight for any rights he wants and if he has a court record his chances will be very slim. My son's father has a record a mile long drugs, rape, etc. Don't offer anything to him in writing or otherwise.I have been dealing with the I wants whenever he feels like he can get control again, but don't worry about anything. He will have to get an attorney and fight for rights. I will pray for your situation and belive that it will go according to God's will. God Bless you and yours. Smile God will watch over and protect his children. I hope this helps calm your fears.

        Comment


        • #5
          re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

          Originally posted by missingmyhubby View Post
          untill there is an order for cs, he doesnt have to pay you anything. nor do you have to allow him to see the child untill he gets an order for visitation, then you wont have a choice but to let him see the child. you chose him to have a child with, you should have thought of that before you created a child with him. he will get some kind of visitation, its his child too
          These types of comments have no place on this forum. People come here concerned looking for assistance, and you do not need to condemn their past decisions that have led them here.


          If you feel the child is in danger, retrieve the father's criminal record, present it to the judge in court, and you have a 99% chance of him getting supervised visitation only. Good luck.

          Comment


          • #6
            re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

            well a little harshness is not going to hurt anyone. we want to see opinions here too you know


            Visitor for first time

            Comment


            • #7
              re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

              Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              These types of comments have no place on this forum. People come here concerned looking for assistance, and you do not need to condemn their past decisions that have led them here.


              If you feel the child is in danger, retrieve the father's criminal record, present it to the judge in court, and you have a 99% chance of him getting supervised visitation only. Good luck.
              ok

              Comment


              • #8
                re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                Originally posted by missingmyhubby View Post
                untill there is an order for cs, he doesnt have to pay you anything. nor do you have to allow him to see the child untill he gets an order for visitation, then you wont have a choice but to let him see the child. you chose him to have a child with, you should have thought of that before you created a child with him. he will get some kind of visitation, its his child too

                Who are you? Dr. Phil? I have read many of these cases concerning parents who have made choices and now are scared and worried for both themselves and their children and all you can do is stick the knife in and twist it some more. I don't understand people like you. Let me guess, you've never made a mistake or had lack of judgement in your entire life!

                Comment


                • #9
                  re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                  I thought her input was very good frankly--you can take it or leave it but she can give her opinion. That is what the poster wanted.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                    9fathers shouldnt be penalized the rest of their lives for making bad choices and picking the wrong parnter to have offspring with! There are no rights in this country for the man! Why is it fair that a man should have to pay child support each month but still he has to go back to court, get a lawyer and pay thousand of dollars that he doesnt have in order to see his child? This is ridiculous! I guess you think this is some angry man that resents to pay child support! Guess again! I am the wife of a man who has not been able to see his child for 5 years! His ex is so jealous of our relationship that she stopped letting him see his son when we started dating, for no good reason. She only decided to file for child support after finding out that we had a child together. My husbands son is now 10 years old and has been advised by one lawyer that going through all of the troulble of visitation now (paternity of the child was just established, they were not married and he had doubts that the child was his) would be a big waste because according to the law when a child turns 12 he can decide that he doesnt want to go with his father for visitation and there is nothing that my husband could do about it. So for all of you mothers that are laying back and ALLOWING yourself to get pregnant year after year and collecting child support just to ruin the mans life, I hope you all get what you deserve and that is to never find a good man!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      These types of comments have no place on this forum. People come here concerned looking for assistance, and you do not need to condemn their past decisions that have led them here.


                      If you feel the child is in danger, retrieve the father's criminal record, present it to the judge in court, and you have a 99% chance of him getting supervised visitation only. Good luck.
                      she knew all this and still chose to lay down and concieve a child with him. she doesnt get to decide now after the fact that hes not good parent material

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                        because according to the law when a child turns 12 he can decide that he doesnt want to go with his father for visitation and there is nothing that my husband could do about it.
                        wrong. children can make that decison at age 18, not 12. at 12, they can tell a judge where they want to live, but they dont get to decide, nor do they decide not to see the op

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                          Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                          9fathers shouldnt be penalized the rest of their lives for making bad choices and picking the wrong parnter to have offspring with! There are no rights in this country for the man! Why is it fair that a man should have to pay child support each month but still he has to go back to court, get a lawyer and pay thousand of dollars that he doesnt have in order to see his child? This is ridiculous! I guess you think this is some angry man that resents to pay child support!
                          I agree my partner has only been allowed 1 visit to his child in the past 6 months and that ended in tears when he gave her a gift as she was leaving and she showed it to her mom. He pays everything and more for his daughter and all he gets in return is abuse. He adores his daughter and I'm sure there are many more like him out there. You need to remember its not always the man but the extremely bitter exes who cant get on with their own lives

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                            My ex husband cheated on me knocked up this women then decided not to deal with our kids for 6 years. then decided that since they were happy and calling my husband daddy that it was time for him to have his visitation rights. He can never say anything nice about me to my kids and they get in trouble for calling my husband daddy. I do not have any pity for any parent who mom/dad that does that. All the pour pity me you took my kids from me BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! You have your rights be a real daddy and step to the plate in the beginning not later when someone else has showed them the love and attention they need. By the way he is over 20 grand behind in support only pays when he feels like it and has never been told by anyone that he couldn't have his visitation.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              re: fathers visitation rights (drug record, probation)

                              As a grandmother of a child that we have not been allowed to see because the mother is being selfish, I think if your child has another parent that can be in it's life, you should let them develope a bond with both parents.
                              My family has to wait for my son to get off parole before we can even think about getting his parental rights established because the mother has threatened to make faulse allegations against him so he ends up back in prison.
                              Every child has a right to know both parents and it is selfish for one parent to stand in the way of the other.

                              Comment

                              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

                              the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

                              widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X