USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fathers neglect... What are my legal rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers neglect... What are my legal rights?

I have been divorces for 6 years. I have two children, 11 and 9, whose father lives in another state. He has never paid child support and about 4 years ago decided to not call, write or see the children. All the sudden out of the blue he calls and wants to be in their lives. I want to change custody to sole custody and change the visitation time. He wants to come and get them for the whole summer. He hasn't seen them in 4 years. The children are apprehensive about going. He will not agree to the changes. What are my legal rights and how do I go about making these changes and making sure my children are safe?

re: Fathers neglect... What are my legal rights?

Does any court order regarding visitation exist currently?

Comment

Yes. I says that he gets them one wk after school ends until one week before school starts and everyother christmas and everyother spring break.

Comment

A court would likely agree with you that he needs to integrate back into their lives--if you file you will likely prevail in getting the order changed.

Comment

file for a modification for the current custody order.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X