Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter in distress - she can't sleep at night

My ex-husband has legal custody of our 14 year old daughter. She spends roughly 2 days a week with me and the rest with him. She is failing several classes and attendance is an issue, so bad that the school has asked to speak with him. My ex admits he is not good at the "homework thing" and I beg him to have her spend the school week with me so I can help her get her homework done and study for tests (she's never missed a day of school when she's been with me). Although we generally get along well, he will not risk losing his child support by agreeing to a modified schedule. I feel he is holding her hostage and sacrificing her education for what he says is an insignificant amount of money that doesn't mean anything to him anyway (650.00/month). We originally agreed he would have custody because his work schedule is very flexible and he has more time to be home to run her to activities.I am an accountant working full days, the house was too big for me to maintain on my own. I am so afraid for my daughter I can't sleep at night, I don't believe she will make it through 8th grade this year. What can I do to help her?

re: Daughter in distress - she can't sleep at night

You could get that custody reversed if the judge sees your point as to the schooling problem. You may want to tell your ex that you will go back to court if this is not resolved.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X