USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving with joint custody... Is it legal for her to move to another state?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving with joint custody... Is it legal for her to move to another state?

MY EX-WIFE AND I ARE ALREADY DIVORCED...BEFORE WE WERE(SHE HAD ME ARRESTED FOR DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TWICE)(BOTH CASES WERE DROPPED COMPLETELY...NO FINE ..NO PROBATION...NOTHING) WE SHARE CUSTODY OF MY ONLY SON(HER HAVING PRIMARY PHYSICAL CUSTODY) AFTER OUR SPLIT...WE LIVED CLOSE(GEOGRAPHICALLY) TO ONE ANOTHER.....AT THAT TIME I HAD TEMPORARY CUSTODY DUE TO ISSUES IN HER IMMIGRATION STATUS...SHE ALSO HAD NEVER HAD A JOB OR BEEN ON HER OWN...THEN I MOVED ABOUT 60MILES AWAY AND BOUGHT A HOUSE...WHEN OUR DIVORCE WAS FINAL (1 OF THE DOMESTIC ABUSE CHARGES WASN'T FINISHED YET)WE BOTH WERE AWARDED JOINT CUSTODY(HER..PRIMARY PHYSICAL CUSTODY)ME SEEING MY SON EVERY WEEKEND OF THE MONTH(EXCEPT THE THIRD)THE JUDGE DECIDED THAT SINCE I MOVED FARTHER AWAY..IT SHOULD BE MY RESPONSIBILITY TO COMMUTE TO SEE MY SON....MY EX-WIFE STARTED SEEING A MAN IN THE MARINES(SHE IS NOW MARRIED TO HIM)THEY MOVED ABOUT 50 MILES FROM WHERE WE ORIGINALLY LIVED(NOW IT IS TWO HOURS DRIVEFOR ME TO SEE MY SON)...MY QUESTION IS... IS IT LEGAL FOR HER TO UP AND MOVE TO A DIFFERENT STATE WHEN WE BOTH HAVE JOINT CUSTODY???.........I'M ALREADY THINKING OF FILING FOR CUSTODY BECAUSE MY SON MUST LIVE WITH HER IN BAD NEIGHBORHOOD(WHEREAS I LIVE IN THE COUNTRY)HER HOUSE IS CONSTANTLY FILTHY TO THE POINT I WANT TO CALL DEPARMENT OF FAMILY AND CHILDRENS SERVICES ON HER ....I PAY MY COURT ORDERED CHILD SUPPORT AND IT IS CURRENT..MY MAIN QUESTION IS( IS IT LEGAL FOR HER TO MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE WHEN WE HAVE JOINT CUSTODY?)THANKS FOR AN HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE.......

re: Moving with joint custody... Is it legal for her to move to another state?

Normally no--and you can go back to court and get more reasonable visitation rules at this point, if you and your ex cannot agree to something.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X