Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerned parent: I was informed that my son would not qaulify for a medicaid card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned parent: I was informed that my son would not qaulify for a medicaid card

I am a single parent a nine yr. old. His father has had no contact with either of since before he was born. His name does not appear on the birth cerificate nor have I recieved any financial assistance form nor do I want it. Up unitll recently I have been gainfully employed, currently taking care of a disabled parent. I was informed that my son would not qaulify for a medicaid card, because I would not sign for his father to be persued for child support. Can I terminate his parental right? Is the any statue in this case, since he has never played a role in the childs life? I do not want to draw welfare, food stamps or anything of the kind, I only seek help with mounting medical bills. Is there anything I can do that does not involve this absent and totally unnessecary man?

re: Concerned parent: I was informed that my son would not qaulify for a medicaid card

Normally you cannot terminate his rights and obligations unless the child is adopted; and the state will pursue him if state funds are used to help the child

Comment

re: Concerned parent: I was informed that my son would not qaulify for a medicaid card

i cant really give you advice for this but i can say i know how you feel and im sorry for what you have to deal with. I hope it all works out in the end for you. good luck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X