Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help my life, I signed away my paternal rights - California

I signed away my paternal rights in 2000 to a child born in 1999. The new man in moms life signed accepting paternal rights to the child in 2001. The child is now 7 and moms relationship with the man is in the outs. She is trying to out the man from the girls life. (trying to hurt him) The courts have interviewed him and the child and see no reason to stop their relationship. He was in the delivery room and even cut the chord. Mom has told the court that I am getting back in the daughters life which is false. Will the court come after me for anything if he is still in her life? And what would stop the courts from letting the man that has been in her life since birth continue to be in her life. Is there a statute of limitation in CA for paternity. Ineed some help here please. I have a family of my own now and don't want to screw that up as well. This all happened prior to my marriage when I was a lot younger. She sent me a letter in 2000 stating that if I didn't sign away my paternal rights, she would go after me for child support and I wouldn't have visitation so I had no choice but to sign them away. Where do I stand if anyone can help??????

re: Please help my life, I signed away my paternal rights - California

unless california has some crazy laws, you have nothing to worry about. it sounds as if he legally adopted her, which if thats the case, they wont stop him from seeing her. (which should also be the only way you got out of child support) also, even if you were going o be back in her life, they wont just take her mothers word for it, they will question you about it. but if you are concerned about it, contact the court and tell your side and see if you have to worry.

Comment

Was the child adopted? What actually happened? You cannot just sign away rights.

Comment

The new man in her life signed paternity papers accepting paternal rights to the child. He still wants to be in her life, she is trying to be mean.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X