USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice on how we can obtain custody based on her actions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice on how we can obtain custody based on her actions?

This may be long, but I do not want to leave anything out so I'll start from the begining.

My fiance is a wonderful father. He has 3 children. Two of them to his ex wife. He spent 8 years in active duty army and has now been a civilian for almost 2 years. I am not saying my fiance is a saint but I know he deserves more than what the courts are allowing him.

The ex in my opinion is not a very "great" mom. I am not saying that because I dislike her, but because of her actions. My fiance met her online. At the of of the meeting he was stationed in Hawaii. He offered to buy her and her 2 YEAR OLD SON tickets to fly to Hawaii. Keep in mind he could have killed her and her son when they arrived. She didnt care, she accepted the tickets and flew down there with her 2 year old son! A few days after she was there her son started calling my fiance Daddy. He asked her to stop him but she laughed and didnt do anything about it. Yes I know he should have done something but it wasnt his child to correct. She told him she was on birth control and will to this day still admit that she lied to him about it. He should have been smarter, but he wasnt thinking with the right part of his brain. She got pregnant.

Why he left? After he found out she was pregnant he felt like he had to stay with her. So he did until he found out that she lied about her 2 year old sons father. Then on top of that found out that the baby she was carrying might not have been his. So like any man would do, he requested a DNA test.

When the baby was born he was able to see him one time at the hospital. She took off to her parents house which now hated my fiance and wouldnt allow him in their home for him to see the baby. When the DNA came back that the baby was his they had the child support hearing. No biggie. My fiance has 2 other children and has no problem at all paying child support.

Then came the custody hearing. Because my fiance was in the army for 8 years she claimed he wasnt able to take care of a child. Yes his children lived with him and his ex wife. How can he not be able to care for a child? Anyway, they granted her supervised visits. The order was placed in October of 06. Since then, he has seen his son 3 times. She makes the appointments and then never shows up. She'll make a bad excuse that she forgot or something else. Not only is this hurting my fiance but his other children whom are 8 and 6 get very excited to go to these visits to see their baby brother. The kids have seen the baby about 3 times since he was born. Most of my fiance's family have never met him.

She has been engaged 2 times in less than 1 year. Each guy she asked my fiance to sign over his parental rights so they could adopt his son. She has had strange men living with her, people in and out of her home, she's living off the state and the child support that my fiance is paying because she refuses to file for support from her first sons father. Her son will soon be 4 and can not speak well nor is he potty trained. I am so afraid that the baby will not be brought up in a better environment.

re: Any advice on how we can obtain custody based on her actions?

She has to follow the order exactly; if she does not show for a visit he can go back to court and ask that she be held in contempt. Document every incident and keep a good record; see the comments of others here in the Forum as well. When you have enough evidence ready he may go back to court and explain why she should have reduced visitation etc., or even a change of custody.

Comment

Re: Any advice on how we can obtain custody based on her actions?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This may be long, but I do not want to leave anything out so I'll start from the begining.

My fiance is a wonderful father. He has 3 children. Two of them to his ex wife. He spent 8 years in active duty army and has now been a civilian for almost 2 years. I am not saying my fiance is a saint but I know he deserves more than what the courts are allowing him.

The ex in my opinion is not a very "great" mom. I am not saying that because I dislike her, but because of her actions. My fiance met her online. At the of of the meeting he was stationed in Hawaii. He offered to buy her and her 2 YEAR OLD SON tickets to fly to Hawaii. Keep in mind he could have killed her and her son when they arrived. She didnt care, she accepted the tickets and flew down there with her 2 year old son! A few days after she was there her son started calling my fiance Daddy. He asked her to stop him but she laughed and didnt do anything about it. Yes I know he should have done something but it wasnt his child to correct. She told him she was on birth control and will to this day still admit that she lied to him about it. He should have been smarter, but he wasnt thinking with the right part of his brain. She got pregnant.

Why he left? After he found out she was pregnant he felt like he had to stay with her. So he did until he found out that she lied about her 2 year old sons father. Then on top of that found out that the baby she was carrying might not have been his. So like any man would do, he requested a DNA test.

When the baby was born he was able to see him one time at the hospital. She took off to her parents house which now hated my fiance and wouldnt allow him in their home for him to see the baby. When the DNA came back that the baby was his they had the child support hearing. No biggie. My fiance has 2 other children and has no problem at all paying child support.

Then came the custody hearing. Because my fiance was in the army for 8 years she claimed he wasnt able to take care of a child. Yes his children lived with him and his ex wife. How can he not be able to care for a child? Anyway, they granted her supervised visits. The order was placed in October of 06. Since then, he has seen his son 3 times. She makes the appointments and then never shows up. She'll make a bad excuse that she forgot or something else. Not only is this hurting my fiance but his other children whom are 8 and 6 get very excited to go to these visits to see their baby brother. The kids have seen the baby about 3 times since he was born. Most of my fiance's family have never met him.

She has been engaged 2 times in less than 1 year. Each guy she asked my fiance to sign over his parental rights so they could adopt his son. She has had strange men living with her, people in and out of her home, she's living off the state and the child support that my fiance is paying because she refuses to file for support from her first sons father. Her son will soon be 4 and can not speak well nor is he potty trained. I am so afraid that the baby will not be brought up in a better environment.

WE cant get custody, only dad can. you have no standing or rights to your fiance's kids at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        WE cant get custody, only dad can. you have no standing or rights to your fiance's kids at all.
        Wow, do we have a bored and bitter person in here? Digging up old posts from 2007.

Comment

That poster has been doing that for quite some time now. It's interesting the Forum Admins allow it.

The simplest solution is for someone in Forum Admin to go back through these threads and close all that go farther back than 6 months. People will still be able to access and read older posts. They just won't be able to revive them and comment on them.

It would be one thing if a person dredged up a three year old post to add something constructive to it. This person, however, is only trolling for posts for which he/she can give his/her patent response. Its really pathetic in all actuality.

There is absolutely no reason to dig up a THREE year old post just to make an asinine comment like that. I agree with you. The person is quite obviously very bitter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X