Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I relinquish my parental rights?

I was with a woman, whom I never was married to, and we had two children. She left with the children when they were very small. Since then, i have married and have a great family. I have not heard from or seen my children in nine years. Last October (2006) this woman moved back to the area and filed on me for child support through state legal aid. I now pay current and back child support. I was very glad to try to build a relationship with my children, but it is not working out. Everytime I convince them to come to my house they steal from me. They clearly are not interested in having a relationship with me and I can't have stealing in my home. My question is can I terminate my parental rights? I live in Texas.

Re: Can I relinquish my parental rights?

you can sign over your parental rights, but where im from (michigan) you cant waive child support unless the children are adopted.

Comment

Re: Can I relinquish my parental rights?

You can all agree to stop visiting etc. but unless they are adopted the law is not going to let you end the relationship, nor the liabilities if she wants to enforce them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X