Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwed father custody rights NYS?

My son has one child and was never married to the mother. Him and her split and now she is keeping my grandson from my son! He has a court hearing next month. Can he see the child before then? Does he get the law involved? We live in upper New York State. Any help would be appreciated? Contacts, free lawyer advice ect. Thanks!

Re: Unwed father custody rights NYS?

He can go to court on an emergency basis and ask for a temporary visitation order

Comment

In the state of South Carolina if there is a hearing scheduled and the mother has an attorney she can hold keep the child away from the father until that hearing is finalized.What she is doing is not against the law it is just a process most people take when they are in a custody battle.I for instance was advised by my attorney to keep the child away from everyone.If by any chance the mother was to come and try to see the child I was to advise her that she would have to wait until the hearing was complete.She could not have any contact with the child for 7 weeks.Hope this helps you out.

Comment

That was horrible advice! Unless you thought the mother wouldn't return...then understandable.

As another poster stated and emergency order reqesting parenting time needs to be filed.

Comment

This is pretty typical advice given by attorneys to custodial parents (usually the mother, though).
          I don't fully understand the reason for it, as it would appear to be a double-edged sword. Surely it makes the custodial parent look bad, yet I see this strategy again and again.

Comment

ugg NY

I have to tell you contact a lawyer. NY is a tough state and as you probably already know the laws are more strict there then anyplace else. Just consult with a lawyer over the phone and ask the question. Chances are people like us, from Wa, South Carolina etc... can't answer honestly.

Your state is overcome with laws we have a difficult time comprehending...

Just my opinion. But.. it is lovely there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X