USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children insurance needs; I live in Iowa.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children insurance needs; I live in Iowa.

I live in Iowa. In our divorce decree it states that I would carry the insurance on the children if I worked at a certain place. I no longer work there, but at my new place of employment I carry the insurance. My ex also carried insurance. He called and stated he was cancelling his insurance because Blue Cross Blue Shield agent said it did not make sense for both of us to carry it. Well now I have bigger bills to pay (my daughter is diabetic). I don't feel he should be able to do this. Also my bills are so big, I may have to move to get a better paying job and our divorce decree says I can not take them out of the town where we both live. He is forcing me to have to leave because of the medical bills. He is suppous to pay half according to our decree that was signed in 2001 unfortunately I moved back in with him for three years after our divorce and he says he owes me no medical bill payments while I lived with him (that is why I have such big bills cause he will pay for nothing from 2001-2006). If I would have to move to support myself and my diabetic child's bills can he prevent me from getting a judge to change the decree so I could take the children with me. (We currently have 50 50 time with our children). I am so upset I do not want to leave my children with him. The other problem is if I had to leave them cause a judge would not change the decree can he get child support from me? Our divorce decree states if he goes for child support he has to pay me 10,000 dollars. I need help with all of this.

re: Children insurance needs; I live in Iowa.

im sure all states do things differently, but i just went through a custody case, and it was drawn up that if insurance is offered, both parents must have coverage for the children, and i was under the impression this was a mandatory thing. regarding him not paying while you lived together, is this something that he came up with on his own, or did a judge say he didnt have to pay during this period?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X