X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support Questions (California)

Hi,

I just turned 18 & I'm in college. I reside in California with my grandparents. My father also lives in California but in a different area. My father has never paid child support for me. I know that the child support does not go to me, but it is for me, but I'd like to know what are my options to make him pay until I finish college, or if applicable, back child support.

Thanks.

re: Child Support Questions (California)

Has your mother ever filed to enforce support?

Comment

No my mother has not, she also has never paid child support. I live with my grandparents & always have bcuz my mom didn't want to raise me. Does this mean I need to get them to be ordered to pay? What do I do?

Comment

You have to file to get a court order if you want to force them to pay.

Comment

How do I get a court order?

Comment

You would likely need a lawyer to assist but you also will be limited in the amount of back support you can get--if any--you may want to ask for a consultation with a local lawyer and pay for an hour or so to review your details closely and advise...

Comment

why would i be limited to it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X