Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support and spousal support - New York, Georgia

My husband and I have been married for 21 years. On 10/05 we were in the middle of mediation for divorce while he was still living at our home in New York. He agreed on giving me and my 2 daughters ages 16 and 19 the house. On 10/05 he changed his mind about the house and stopped mediation. On 8/06 he quit his job of $125,000 a year (which was half cash and half on the books. He then moved out of the house and moved to Georgia to be with his girlfriend without telling us. It took me 2 weeks to track him down. I filed for immediate Child support, spousal support, Medical Insurance and College education on 9/06. He abandoned the family and his Children and isnt sending me money in hopes that i will sell the home before it goes to foreclosure and split the money with him. I took a loan out and saved the house, got a better job and I'm paying the mortage on my own. Now he's a waiter and gets paid $2.11 an hour with cash tips in Georgia, I live in NY. He's girlfriend pays for everything including rent, food and his car. It's been 4 months and he hasnt paid our family a dime. I lost service on my cable tv, telephone, kids cell phones, internet, car insurance and my electric bill hasnt been paid in 5 months and will be shut off soon. I was forced to leave my part time job to find a full time job but it's still not enough. The judge just ordered him to pay temporally $250.00 a week until we go back to court in febuary 2007. I applied for a free lawyer and am waiting to see if i was accepted. My question is: If my ex's salary has changed so drastically from $125,000 a year to practically nothing with his new job off the books and paid in cash. What will the judge do to make sure i get my support? How will he be forced to get a job like he had with the standard of living we are accustom to? Also, when we do finally get divorced what will my chances be on getting the whole house since he abandoned us and doesnt plan on helping me pay the bills? Also my 19 yr old is in her 2nd year of college and plans on going to medical school. Will he be ordered to continue to pay her support after she is 21 while she's in med school?

re: Child support and spousal support - New York, Georgia

The judge will base the payments on what your ex should be earning or is capable of earning.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X