USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fathers chances (in regards to time spent with their child)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fathers chances (in regards to time spent with their child)

In all reality, what kind of chances does a father have of getting a fair shake in regards to time spent with his child and not paying an over the top amount of child support? I have custody of my son from a previous marriage. I like to think that this happened because I'm a good father and I know she couldn't handle taking care of him. In this situation with my daughter, I've been in an on again off again relationship with her for the last 6 years or so and we just can't seem to make it work. Now that I have my daughter to think about, I want to be sure I get my fair share of time with her. Does anyone know where I can find help in getting this done. Financially, things aren't too hot at the moment because of the amount of child support I'm paying but the funny thing is, we are all living together ,(not married), but I think the living arrangements are going to change soon!

re: fathers chances (in regards to time spent with their child)

Most courts want fathers to have a good relationship and be a significant part of every child's life--so keep fighting and the court will respect your persistence.

Comment

Im glad you state that courts want fathers be apart in child's life. My husband is trying to visit with his 12yr old daughter after 9 years. He had mediation and the mother is denying visitations because she thinks he is trying to modify child support and his daughter is now stressed over it and because he has always been absent. However he had always financially supported her. His daughter does visit with his family, parents, brother and wife and their kids. What will most likely happen next during court? I know that we have to wait for the mediation report. Her excuses are just excuses? Do you agree?

Comment

Yes.

Courts want the parents involved if at all possible--even after some time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X