Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child visitation: Mother threatens to pursue supervised visitations

Can anyone tell me how a judge would look at a mother who constantly threatens to pursue supervised visitations or continually saying that I will only be entitled to 6 hours a week with my daughter? I've tried to keep this out of court to save everyone heartache and not to mention money. We have already been to court without counsel for either one of us and we were quite civil during this procedure. The judge stated that if things went south later on down the road that we may have to go by Indiana visitation guide lines. We are living together now but I fear that may be coming to an abrupt halt in the neat future and I don't think I could stand seeing my daughter for only 6 hrs. a week!!

re: Child visitation: Mother threatens to pursue supervised visitations

A judge would not be happy; all courts want children to be involved with both parents.

Comment

At my agency we see a lot of court documents, and we actually supervise visits between parents and children. I don't know how it works where you are at, but in Michigan, unless your ex has just cause, theres no way a judge would allow only supervised visits. And if you have been playing a positive/active role in your childs life the whole time, a judge wont allow for such a drastic change in parenting time.

Comment

i had a similar situation.... me and my ex broke up nasty ... 11 years later she still hates me.... and she tried the same the same thing.... she claimed i used drugs... i was tested and passed... then she claimed i was mentally unstable ( i was in therapy, on my own, for depression ), and i had to go to a court appointed psychiatric test, which i passed, she then tried claiming i was violent because i had been arrested twice for fighting, once when i was 17 over ten years prior... judge said that was irrevelant because i was never violent with or around my family.... she tried having supervised visits... and the sweetest words i ever heard after months of stalling and putting me through the ringer .... " mrs. x, i see no reason why mr. x should not have full, unsupervised visitation."

the bottom line, as the previos poster said... if there is no reason for it, the judge will not deny you ... my point is be ready for her to put you through it ... and if you have any vices, ailments, or past histories take care of them now before you start the process....

Comment

Well, I live in Indiana and sometimes I think that we here are still living in the stone age. As it stands right now, the mother and I live together but, that could change at any time. When I found out she was pregnant, I wasn't sure the baby was even mine because she was seeing someone else. I guess I didnt' have much to do with it at the time since I was so unsure but since I found out she was mine, I saw her almost every day. Then of course we moved in together so I see her and help take care of her every day. Right now, I'm still paying over $600 a month in support even though we are living in the same house. I'm kind of new at this but I do have custody of my ten year old son so this support payment is all kind of new to me. Does anyone know if I can get this changed as far as paying support, even if I have a strong feeling that the relationship won't last. We've been off and on for the last 6 years.

Comment

You normally only pay if you are living separately--otherwise you simply share costs etc.

Comment

Well, the living situation is a bit rocky but, would a judge be likely to give me some kind of credit for the amount I've paid so far. We've been living together going on about three months and getting close to about $1,800 in support (kind of think I'm being raked over the coals, but that's another story). I don't think that the mother of my child would agree to have the support stopped without some kind of argument.

Comment

Is it too much for me to expect being able to go 50/50 in Indiana. I've never been married to the mother of my little girl but we're living together at the present time, and I'm STILL paying her support. I think that things are going to come to a close as far as our reltionship goes but I can't stand the thought of seeing my daughter only a couple of times a week. As I said, we are in the same house and I'm having a hard time even now getting to spend time with my daughter.

Comment

i'd file for custody if you haven't already. you'd have to ask an attorney about your specific situation. call around to get free consultations. its very time consuming, but well worth it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                  x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X