USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what age does the court start to hear what the child wants?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what age does the court start to hear what the child wants?

I have had custody for 6 years and now her mother said she really wants to live with her. She said she will take me back to court and let the courts decide again. We went through this 6 years ago. My child is now 11. I know the legal age is 18.But i have heard from freinds that the court will listen to the child at age 11 or 12. And usually grant the childs wishes.
    Please help!!!!!

Re: Child decision

That is true--normally after age 12 or so the courts will at least listen...but it is not determinative...it is just one factor.

Comment

Re: Child decision

Originally posted by Unregistered
      I have had custody for 6 years and now her mother said she really wants to live with her. She said she will take me back to court and let the courts decide again. We went through this 6 years ago. My child is now 11. I know the legal age is 18.But i have heard from freinds that the court will listen to the child at age 11 or 12. And usually grant the childs wishes.
      Please help!!!!!
      your child can decide in 7 years-when she is 18.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
      X