Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grandparents rights to visitation: can we request visitation at the court?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grandparents rights to visitation: can we request visitation at the court?

we have been very close to our grandchildren and now that my daughter is living with a partner which we can't get along with. he is kind of controlling over visting with our grandchildren. at this time he has 2 kids of his own which his mother has custody and he is making it very difficult for us my husband and I to have visits with our grandchildren.

the oldest is a boy age 10 and up until recently he practically spent almost every weekend with us (we are legal guardians over another daughters son age 16 who is also very upset to loose contact with our grandson as they are very close he taught him how to ride a bike, play hockey, roller blade etc).

the other child is our granddaughter 10 months old this guy is playing daddy buthe really isn't the biological father. we got along with the fellow that my daughter is with but there was a problem where he left for about 2 or 3 months on a drug binge and during that time my daughter relyed on us for support but since the guy returned he makes things very uncomfortable for everyone involved. the grandson that we have living with us is vey upset as he got very close to both of these grandchildren. in 2005 our family went through a tough medical issue where my husband went through stomach surgery due to cancer and then went through chemo and radiation and when our granddaughter was born as sick as he was went to the hospital for the birth as we realized that this may be our last granchild. he is trying to let this non visitation issue not bother him but it does and this is so close to christmas this is very difficult on everyone. is there such a thing as us going to court and request visitation.

re: grandparents rights to visitation: can we request visitation at the court?

You can try yes--it is not always easy to get however and grandparents' rights vary somewhat state to state

Comment

Re: grandparents rights to visitation: can we request visitation at the court?

Originally posted by smith
      we have been very close to our grandchildren and now that my daughter is living with a partner which we can't get along with. he is kind of controlling over visting with our grandchildren. at this time he has 2 kids of his own which his mother has custody and he is making it very difficult for us my husband and I to have visits with our grandchildren.

the oldest is a boy age 10 and up until recently he practically spent almost every weekend with us (we are legal guardians over another daughters son age 16 who is also very upset to loose contact with our grandson as they are very close he taught him how to ride a bike, play hockey, roller blade etc).

the other child is our granddaughter 10 months old this guy is playing daddy buthe really isn't the biological father. we got along with the fellow that my daughter is with but there was a problem where he left for about 2 or 3 months on a drug binge and during that time my daughter relyed on us for support but since the guy returned he makes things very uncomfortable for everyone involved. the grandson that we have living with us is vey upset as he got very close to both of these grandchildren. in 2005 our family went through a tough medical issue where my husband went through stomach surgery due to cancer and then went through chemo and radiation and when our granddaughter was born as sick as he was went to the hospital for the birth as we realized that this may be our last granchild. he is trying to let this non visitation issue not bother him but it does and this is so close to christmas this is very difficult on everyone. is there such a thing as us going to court and request visitation.
      make nice with your daughter and you can see your grandkids. and id tell bf to butt out, he has no say in the matter, hes a legal stranger, not dad

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X