USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I adopt the child in Canada without the fathers consent?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Re: Can I adopt the child in Canada without the fathers consent?

....And by the way last poster, did you take the time to check the date of the post you responded to? It was written in 2006. Smarten up and pay attention.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I live in canada and my fiance has a child with another guy, the child is now 6 months old and the father has only seen the kid once. my fiance has made 15 visits and he never shows up. I want her to move to canada with me. When they were together he was violant with her and mistreated her alot. Can she get full custody? the father shows no sign of care until she mentions moving to canada in which he responds by threatening to kill her. anyways she doesn't think she could get full custody to move here because she lives with her mom and doesn't work. please let me know what i can do or she can from here to get full custody? also can i adopt this child without the fathers consent? thank you
    and btw, you have no legal standing to do anything with regards to your fiance's child.. your fiance is the only one who has any rights, you are a legal stranger

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

ok theres no way the father will agree, can i do it through court without his permission?
    nope. he has rights. if he says no then its no. and btw, you and mom need to be married first, and be married at least a year before anything can happen

Leave a comment:

• missingmyhubby
    replied
    re: Can I adopt the child in Canada without the fathers consent?

I live in canada and my fiance has a child with another guy, the child is now 6 months old and the father has only seen the kid once. my fiance has made 15 visits and he never shows up. I want her to move to canada with me. When they were together he was violant with her and mistreated her alot. Can she get full custody? the father shows no sign of care until she mentions moving to canada in which he responds by threatening to kill her. anyways she doesn't think she could get full custody to move here because she lives with her mom and doesn't work. please let me know what i can do or she can from here to get full custody? also can i adopt this child without the fathers consent? thank you
    you cannot adopt the child untill you have been married at least a year.and yes, you will need dad's consent.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

You can try to get visitation that is very limited, and he would have a hard time objecting given his past behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

ok theres no way the father will agree, can i do it through court without his permission?

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied

You could offer to adopt the child, ending the fathers rights...he would have to agree.

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Can I adopt the child in Canada without the fathers consent?

Can I adopt the child in Canada without the fathers consent?

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X