I need help (boys are in foster homes)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help (boys are in foster homes)

my mom would love to have my boys but right now they are in foster homes is their a paper I can sine to give my boys to her and get them out of foster homes?

Re: I need help (boys are in foster homes)

Your mother would have to petition the court for temporary guardianship. You need to accompany and alert the court of your consent.

Might I ask why your mother, or other family member, was not considered before taking the drastic action to place the boys in a foster home?

Comment

The why isnt important as we do not know the circumstances as to why children are in Foster care. This may have been a hasty reaction by childrn's services we dont know. The simple solution to go to court and request your Mother be granted guardianship.

Comment

The "why" is important, as it's needed to establish why the children ended up in a foster home to begin with. Was there a parent whose rights got violated? Was there a parent whose rights weren't yet established?

Those are just two questions that bear importance before offering up a modicum of advice on what to do next.

The solution isn't so simple as you may believe it to be.

Comment

No the "why" is not important unless it involves Grandma. The OP wants her Mother to care for children not Foster care. Children were taken that is different issue than what is being asked.

Comment

With all due respect, you are assuming a lot. Firstly, you have automatically assumed the OP is even the mother and not the father.

Secondly, it is unclear why the OP wishes to sign custody over to Gram, and not receive custody of the boys him/herself.

Please stick to allowing the OP to further elaborate before debating this with fellow posters. Thank you.

Comment

Just to add, to proclaim the "why" is not important when so scant details are present, such as, is this particular parent even legally authorized to sign anything regarding the children needs addressing. Perhaps this particular parent has no legal right to the children, as custody and paternity might never have been established. So the "why's" are, indeed, important factors in this equation.

Comment

Cps thought that mom lost right to boys in a differant county that did not happen, so when they found out that the mom still had her rights and could be with the boys, then they found something els to keep the boys on! this is know lie!!! Now i just wont them out of foster homes so i know they are ok untell i get them back and my mom can sine them back over to me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X