Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the justice? (I do not qualify for legal aid.)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the justice? (I do not qualify for legal aid.)

I am a mother of 2 son 15 and daughter 12. My ex hates me so he told me that I could not see my kids anymore. I have not seen them for a year and a half. I have court papers stating I have partial custody, I have talked to almost everyone in the municipal bldg. cops etc. and no one can seem to help me. Everyone says get a lawyer but I cannot afford one. Anyway that is what the court papers are for he can just do this again. I do not qualify for legal aid. How can he get away with this. As a mother the worst feeling in the world is not being able to be with your kids. I cry everyday for my kids. He has fed them with lies just because he hates me. What are my options do I have to live with the fact that I may never see my kids again because I can't afford to pay thousands of dollars to someone that so I can be with my kids I gave birth to?

re: Where's the justice? (I do not qualify for legal aid.)

Get out your custody order and read what it entails. If he has not complied, you need to file a Motion for Contempt against him. He has no right to keep your from your children, especially if there is a court order allowing you visitation/custody whatsoever.

Comment

Re: where's the justice?

That is right! You can file for a Motion of Contempt. Do you have any written communication requesting that you see your kids and that there is a court order for you to see your kids via email or traditional snail mail? If not, start it immediately. Email is a great thing. You basically mention that it specifically states that you have rights and that he is denying you those rights. When he replies stating how he hates you or whatever, he is indirectly confirming that he understands and agrees to what you say is true. Good luck.

- Dave with Philadelphia family law

Comment

Re: Where's the justice? (I do not qualify for legal aid.)

Excellent advice!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X