Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son needs answers to questions about going to court for the first time

My son lives in louisiana and his daughter lives in Ohio. His ex-girlfriend filed custody and child support papers in Ohio and my son has to go to court March 2010. Does he have to get an attorney in Ohio? Him and his ex-girlfriend were sharing time with their daughter, but now she wants to keep her from her father. The mother would have her for three months and then my son would have her for three months, when she was with her mom my son sent $250.00 a month to his ex-girlfriend for child support, then when it was my son's time with his daughter he would fly to Ohio to pick her up and always took her back on time. He payed for the flights and he also sent her back with a new wardrobe of clothes. He loves his daughter very much and now he does not know what to do since they live in different states, please send some answers, I'm begging!!!

Re: Son needs answers to questions about going to court for the first time

I wish to inform you that your son has a right to self represent in the case of custody of his daughter. If he desires he can take a lawyer but that is not compulsory. Court decides by keeping best interest of child as a primary consideration. The court will also observe about the wishes of the child. Further if your son wants the custody of the child then he can claim and show that best interest of the child are with her father. Generally in case of unwed mother it is mother of the child who is considered to have custody right. Unmarried father can apply for custody right and can get by showing that child's best interests are served with him and the mother is unfit.

AFF

Comment

Dear AFFA, Thanks for the information. The child is almost 2 years old and her mother allows a Tier 3 sex offender to babysit and hold the child. The mother is a good mother except for her mother's boyfriend is the sex offender. A Tier 3 sex offender is not to be within 1000 ft. of a school, a playground or an area where children congregate. This sex offender lives right next door to the child. Also the mother has a friend that is a Tier 3 sex offender that she allows in the home with the child, I have even seen him holding her. The area the mother lives in has atleast 15 sex offenders. Can my son use all that information to help his case?

Comment

When and how can my son apply for custody rights?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X