Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support: My bf was only left with $140 to live off of

My bf is having a very difficult time trying to fix his problems from the past with his ex and four children. He is more then willing to pay for child support but they are taking way too much. Last month with all the decution he was only left with $140 to live off of. They took all of his tax return which was $400. I helped him to hire a paralegal to help with all the paper work. We feel she's lieing to court and asking for more money than she should. They are taking about $1000 a month just for child support and then he's paying an additional for health insurance for all his kids which is about $300 a month. We really don't know what more can we do. We're having such a hard time trying to understand the laws that are suppose to protect his own rights. We live in California so please help us to sort out this mess.

Re: We're having a hard time understanding the laws that are suppose to protect our r

I wish to inform you that child support modification can be done in this matter. In this, the Court can be informed about the financial conditions of your bf. Your bf can inform the Court that the present amount of child support is too much and the financial condition of your bf does not allow him to pay child support amount. Further, the fact that mother is demanding more than what is needed can also be highlighted. Change in the income of the parent is a ground for modification of child support amount in California. California Courts decide on case by case basis determining about how much child support is actually needed in given circumstances. In this your bf can request the Court for a hearing and the Court after hearing both the parties will decide the matter.

AFF

Comment

Re: Child support: My bf was only left with $140 to live off of

Originally posted by jenn1fer_82 View Post
      My bf is having a very difficult time trying to fix his problems from the past with his ex and four children. He is more then willing to pay for child support but they are taking way too much. Last month with all the decution he was only left with $140 to live off of. They took all of his tax return which was $400. I helped him to hire a paralegal to help with all the paper work. We feel she's lieing to court and asking for more money than she should. They are taking about $1000 a month just for child support and then he's paying an additional for health insurance for all his kids which is about $300 a month. We really don't know what more can we do. We're having such a hard time trying to understand the laws that are suppose to protect his own rights. We live in California so please help us to sort out this mess.
      too bad. get over it. hes legally obligated to support his children, and frankly, you have no say in the matter.legally this is none of your business, as you are not a party to the cs order. or anything else concerning your bf's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        too bad. get over it. hes legally obligated to support his children, and frankly, you have no say in the matter.legally this is none of your business, as you are not a party to the cs order. or anything else concerning your bf's kids.
        It's really a shame this message board allows troglodytes such as yourself to post.

Comment

KUDOS to you!!! That troglodyte is harrassing me,calling me names,etc. so I'm so glad to see someone else feels like I do!!

Comment

Let me guess you are a custodial parent that receives a overstated child support amount and feels it's okay to suck a NCP dry so he can barely live.

Comment

Let me guess you are a custodial parent that receives a overstated child support amount and feels it's okay to suck a NCP dry so he can barely live.
              You can probably also guess her educational level, judging by her writing style and skills. If she put as much effort into getting an education as she puts into trolling this board (and getting herself knocked up by every Tom, Dick, and Harry) she'd be much better off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x

the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X