USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Death of childs mother... Can I get the money back?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Death of childs mother... Can I get the money back?

    I have a child support order, that I pay every month for my son that i have not seen since he was 3 (15 now). His mother died last November and the child now lives with just his step-father.
    There was never a custody order filed, so as i understand I now have full custody. Talked to step father and he informed me that if I made contact with my child he would disapper.
    The money that I pay every month is just sitting in a CSR account because the have no one to pay that to.
    I discusseed that with step father in hope that some financal help for him would help me get some visitation.
    He does not want it.
    So is there a way I can get this money back? It is getting close to 20k that I could use for my other kids.

  • #2
    re: Death of childs mother... Can I get the money back?

    Call the office that is collecting it and explain the situation; they should help work out a solution with you or at least help ensure that the money is being used correctly ultimately. Get counsel involved if you have to.


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

    Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

    widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.