X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Move Countries With My Child?

Hi there

After a very difficult custody case, (my ex-husband lives in another country and was trying to get my child back to that country), the court awarded custody to me, and declared that my child must live in England with me. He visits his father twice a year in his country (he can go as often as his father likes, but financially his father is only able to send for him twice a year).

My own father lives in the USA and has cancer, and I would like for us to move there to be closer to him. I know this will be a challenge, and am wondering what my chances are - if I commit (happy to sign legal documents) to paying for return airfare twice a year plus all phone calls (as many as my son would like - I thought I'd get him his own pre-paid phone card so he can call his father whenever he wants to), if legally I have a chance of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice etc.

Re: Can I Move Countries With My Child?

Most courts--if the issue ends up in court---will let you go if it is not simply to harass or avoid the other parent and true reasons for going exist.

The other parent will get extended summer and other time etc. Some fair solution has to be worked out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X