Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My parents legally stole my children

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada for starters. I was in a bad way about 3 years ago and had asked my parents to take care of my 2 daughters for a month or two so I can get a job and an apartment. I went to their lawyer with them to give them temporary guardianship, so I thought, in order to be able to enrol them for school. I only went to the innital appointment, did not sign anything and did not continue with the procedings as I was not allowed to see my children.
    I was only allowed to see them once, in order to take the children to Subway for dinner, and in that short period of time my parents had me served with papers for temporary guardianship.
    I lived out of the province, for work at this time and from anything I was able to find out, the court date never happend.
    From this point I had made several calls to my parents lawyer, with no replys ever. I have recently learned through my own investigations that guardianship was granted.
    Do I have a case to get my kids back?

Re: My parents legally stole my children

I wish to inform you that in matters relating to child custody, it is the best interest of child which is taken into consideration. In Manitoba child custody order can be changed if some important changes occur affecting the
    child. In this you can say that as now you are having a job and can take care of your daughters, therefore, your daughters best interests are served with you. Further, it is in the best interest of child that child grows in the custody of parent. You can explain to the Court that in the earlier change in custody of child you had not consented for permanent change in custody. You had agreed for change of guardianship for only a month or two. Further, as you were not given an opportunity to be heard when custody was granted by Court, therefore, you should be given custody. You can also go for mediation before going to Court.

AFF

Comment

Re: My parents legally stole my children

Thank you EFF.

Everytime I think I am getting somewhere with this, it all back fires in my face. I do not have the money to afford the lawyer it would take to fight this.

Is there any "women's groups" or someone that can help me with advice and guidence in this matter?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X