Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was NOT personally served papers but still being held repsonsible

I live in N.Y but my 4 kids are in Florida; 4 kids that are VERY close to me. We lost our home in fall of 2008 (removed by Sheriff...long story), on the heels of me losing my job. Their mom (soon to be ex) and I (at the time) were at ultimate odds and when we lost the house, she was able to take the kids to stay with family while I had to stay by friends for a spell before moving to N.Y where I had family I could stay with. Plan was to find a job, start anew and support my kids but that has not gone well.

Ex-wife sends child support papers to my brother's address because she THINKS I live there (she found his address from out wedding guest book) but I did not nor did I ever. I later found out that a courier shows up and basically cons my 16 year old nephew into signing the papers, as he had no idea what he was signing for and gave it to his dad when he got home to deal with it.

His father comes home, sees paperwork and promptly sends it back to Florida via certified mail with an angry explanation not to send anything to his house for a third party he knows nothing about (that brother and I don't really speak). I NEVER saw the papers nor did I sign anything.

Since then, I understand two other letters have arrived from the Florida Child Support enforcement office as if they are now working on lawful grounds that I signed acceptance of the initial paperwork and/or that I am receiving the paperwork at my current address or even an address I lived at which I never did.

I speak to my kids daily. They are closer to me than they are to their mom as I raised them almost singlehandedly for 13 years as their mom went to school in the day and worked overnights . This is a case where the "better" parent ended up without the kids because of a foreclosure fallout (landlord was not paying mortgage but collecting rent). She benefited by having family in the state to live with. I did not. She works consistently and get $900 per month in food stamp support PLUS has a tenant in her new house to assist with mortgage help. I still can't find a steady job and have no support and have to live by hustling and picking up odds and ends jobs at the moment. Today she calls me and tells me I now owe $1,900 and have now been labeled as a fugitive in the state of Florida.

Now I risk losing my license 9reduces job potential), eventually my passport (loses another form of valid identification) and arrest (which would cease ANY potential to work and thereby provide ANY support). I probably cannot go to Florida if anything bad or good happens to my kids lest I risk being thrown in jail as child support payments back up.

What do I do or what can I do? The ex-wife is actually being vindictive as she is well aware that I support my children in EVERY other way (they call me for help with homework, issues in school, personal decisions, etc) and keep the peace in their home (she can't do it) and I am NOT working nor do I have money and REFUSING to spend money on them. She KNOWS that is NOT an issue if I had it just from personal knowledge about me. What do I do or do I have a case I can start with to remedy this? Any loopholes here?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X