Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need legal advice... What does the law say? I am in Canada.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need legal advice... What does the law say? I am in Canada.

my ex and i have been seperated for more than 2 years, and he has not seen his son at all except at his birth now i am going through the divorce and he has asked for visitation rights, he has not paid a dime for his child or even called or asked for his photos or anything instead he has been viscious in so many ways how can i protect my baby from him, even when my child was born he refused to carry him or have any contact with him now 2 1/2 yrs later he wants to see him what does the law say i am in canada please help

re: Need legal advice... What does the law say? I am in Canada.

I wish to inform you that in matters relating to child custody the best interest of child is seen. As regards father, Court may grant child support and after the Court orders it has to be paid by father. Now, if the father does not pay then he may be forced to pay the arrear of child support. Further, if you do not want father to have visitation rights then you will have to show to Court that it is in the best interest of child that he does not meet his father. Generally, Court allows father to have visitation rights as Court prefers child to grow under supervision of both mother and father. However, as the father has been negligent and his conduct has been vicious, therefore, you can inform Court that if the child meets with his father it will cast bad impression on the child and it is in his best interest that child should not meet his father.

AFF

Comment

re: Need legal advice... What does the law say? I am in Canada.

usually the courts do want visitation by both parents even if it comes late...but it can be gradual as well so as not to shock the child etc

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X