Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Due Child Support $ = Jail Time?

Just wondering how much Money does someone Owe for Past Due Child Support in Texas/or any state
    for them to be Arrested? Or at least around how much do you think? (Like if a person never made any payments at all)

re: Past Due Child Support $ = Jail Time?

It really depends on the situation. Some people are jailed for $5,000 in arrears, some for $30,000.

Comment

As Long as you make at least 22 payments within a 2 year period or 104 weeks you will keep your sorry self out of jail. If you fail to do that and you become 3000 or more in the hole, you will be subpoena into court. No show = arrest warrant. Anyway you should go to the court date. The court will make a date for you to come up with 1/3 of the back support. They give you 6 months. If you R dumb enough to repeat this action, the court will get sick of your BS and felony support case will be your next step. Same deal though, but you'll have to pay 1 month support to keep your sorry a** out of jail on the spot. they will give you 6 months to come up with 1/2 of the back support and keep current durning that time. If you fail to do this or skip court either way you will serve 1 year in state prison. Next trip back to court = 5 year in state...Anyway all you deadbeats should spend at least 1 year in jail getting to know bubba! HA HAH, HA HAH!!!!!

Comment

Yes, and while all those "deadbeats" are sitting in jail, the children's mothers are visiting all kinds of atrocities upon them. There are many types of "deadbeats" my dear.

Comment

To the last post how did your dumba*s get pass the random question to post an answer? The question applies to non support of your child; sh*t for brains. SO we are talking about DEAD BEAT moms or DADs.
          Just Keep your nasty thought to yourself. The kids will be far better off while the nasty F**ks in jail. He not supporting the kid anyway you F**k!

Comment

I didn't realize they allowed inmates to use computers.

There are plenty of ways to "not support" a child. Mothers engage in this all the time. For instance, I know a mother who uses her child support money to follow her boyfriend around to "gigs". She openly admits this.

I know of another mother who openly admitted to a judge that she uses her child support money to pay for her own personal health insurance that does NOT cover her child.

The next time you, last poster, wish to expound your "brilliant" intellect and dialect, you might want to pick up a dictionary and expand your vocabulary, and/or go out and actually live in the real world instead of the insulated bubble you have safely created for yourself.

If you are a woman, shame on you. I hope your children, if children have had the misfortune of being born to you, are not subjected to your filthy mouth. If they are, you are a deadbeat.

Comment

Its a real shame when people can't pay the amounts ordered by the courts, which are a way of enslaving people to the courts and attorneys.

No one should go to jail for child support that is too high, or for circumstances that prevent a normal amount to be paid- like when a mom lies about the actual costs involved to care for a child. This is something that should be considered as fraud, a crime against the child and fathers rights, and usually these are the mothers who alienate.

Bad system, no winners.

Comment

No one should go to jail, PERIOD, for failure to pay child support or getting behind on child support.

The last I checked this was a free country and consenting adults made personal decisions in their lives. One was to have children.

There is literally no other "debt" that places a particular gender in jeopardy of going to jail (prison) for failing to pay. While it's a moral issue, it's not a legal one.

It's also a shame that our prison system is already alarmingly over-crowded and there are far worse criminals walking the streets who could be occupying those jail cells. It's pretty sad when a whole system can promote gender bias and hate against another ("deadbeat dad" is HATE SPEECH, and is BIASED)

When the rest of the world is keeping up with the drastic changes of society, Family Court and State Welfare offices are still stuck in the 1940's.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  No one should go to jail, PERIOD, for failure to pay child support or getting behind on child support.

The last I checked this was a free country and consenting adults made personal decisions in their lives. One was to have children.

There is literally no other "debt" that places a particular gender in jeopardy of going to jail (prison) for failing to pay. While it's a moral issue, it's not a legal one.

It's also a shame that our prison system is already alarmingly over-crowded and there are far worse criminals walking the streets who could be occupying those jail cells. It's pretty sad when a whole system can promote gender bias and hate against another ("deadbeat dad" is HATE SPEECH, and is BIASED)

When the rest of the world is keeping up with the drastic changes of society, Family Court and State Welfare offices are still stuck in the 1940's.
                  You don't get, its concerning a LEGAL issue, not a MORAL issue, because the judge/attorney scam network that has a stronglehold on terms like "best interest of the child" want you to pay every penny you can to see your own kids, to protect your kids, and when the time comes, to even have to pay 1000's to an attorney to get the psychotic amounts awarded "modified" so that you can live normally. This living normally, can only be achieved if you pay attorneys enough, otherwise, they make sure that you're stressed and miserable and will have to pay them, or go to jail.

Comment

Oh I get it. I get it more than you could ever realize.

I fully understand, the "legality" of it, and I was being sarcastic as to why it's illegal to begin with.

Having children IS a moral issue and the state should NOT be involved in that at all.

Comment

my husbands ex is taking him to court in july for back child support.he owes 3600. for 10 months last year he was without a job due to a motorcycle accident. all of that money from the settlement had to go to past bills and just to be able to live. his ex makes about 110000 per yr. of course he and i feel like he needs to pay the support and it is now being taken from his checks. we just start getting our lives back together and his ex slams him with this. to make it worse he should be getting alimony b/c he was a stay at home dad for 4.5 years but his attorney dropped the ball. we obviously dont have the money to take her to cour/hire an attorneyt for that or for the fact that she never lets him see the kids when he asks and she tells them they can't come visit us. child support and visitation are different issues. so she's gonna take him for every penny he's worth when he's paying support already. thats not enough for her. is he going to jail in july?

Comment

If there divorce was already finalized - and if you are married to him now it obviously was - then his ex-wife cannot now go back and ask for alimony. He does not, and will not have to pay her alimony.

Child support, on the other hand, is necessary. If he makes $110,000, that is more than sufficient income to support his children financially, and he should be paying child support if he has not wish to fight for full custody.

It's doubtful he'll be jailed for such a picayune amount.

Comment

That is meant to read :If their divorce has already been finalized. Sorry. All the illiteracy I read on this forum is finally starting to affect me. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                            my husbands ex is taking him to court in july for back child support.he owes 3600. for 10 months last year he was without a job due to a motorcycle accident. all of that money from the settlement had to go to past bills and just to be able to live. his ex makes about 110000 per yr. of course he and i feel like he needs to pay the support and it is now being taken from his checks. we just start getting our lives back together and his ex slams him with this. to make it worse he should be getting alimony b/c he was a stay at home dad for 4.5 years but his attorney dropped the ball. we obviously dont have the money to take her to cour/hire an attorneyt for that or for the fact that she never lets him see the kids when he asks and she tells them they can't come visit us. child support and visitation are different issues. so she's gonna take him for every penny he's worth when he's paying support already. thats not enough for her. is he going to jail in july?
                            It depends..what state are you in? I know of several that will put him in jail the day of the trial if he doesn't have the money that day. He can always file for a modification of his child support based on the above circumstances to get it lowered and have the 3600 arearages broken down into payments in his child support. So if he usually pays $300 they could add $100 a month in arrearages till the $3600 has been paid. Make sure he files for a modification asap!

Comment

Where do you people get off saying child support is a "debt"? We are talking about money the CPs need to raise the children they had with the NCPs! The children involved are not"Things"! They are living, breathing, children! Its sad to see so many people angry because of not taking responsibility for THEIR actions! Remeber the saying, it takes 2 to tango...Well? Children dont come for free. How do you come up with an eqausion of where the mom says her child support goes? Obviously the children are being taken care of. When a NCP complains about "Im not paying my child support because it doesnt go to the kid" Is obviously ignorant AND selfish. Start thinking of the children first INSTEAD of yourselves first! The Law for non-payment, is a law for a reason. Otherwise CPs would probably suffer even more with out the states help! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X