This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents were written in French and I only speak and understand English

Do I have the right to return documents pertaining to child custody sent from my ex's lawyer because they were written in french and i only speak and understand english?

re: Documents were written in French and I only speak and understand English

I wish to inform you that in this case the language of the State is important. In case the language of the State is French then you cannot return the document. However, if the State does their business in English then you can ask the Defendant to provide you the certified copies of translation in English. The language of the State is important because that is basically the usual language in which the State accepts documents and if you are submitting documents in other than the language of the State then that person has to give a translation. Further, if your State accepts documents in French then you will have to do the translation yourself. Further, if you have an agreement with the Defendants whereby Defendants have agreed to provide documents in English then you can ask for the translated documents in English.

AFF

Comment

Re: Documents were written in French and I only speak and understand English

Duplicate thread.

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumchi...en-french.html

Comment

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X