No announcement yet.

How to get ex-husband to pay?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to get ex-husband to pay?

    Judge was in my favor and ex-husband is to pay me a certain dollar amount with 12% interest. So far, I have received nothing. What options do I have to get him to pay up?

  • #2
    Re: How to get ex-husband to pay?

    In this, you will first give a written notice that your husband should pay you the amount decreed to you along with 12% interest as allowed by the court. Further, you may mention that in case of failure to do so you will take steps to enforce the judgment. In this you may give a period of 10 days to pay up the amount. Now if your husband still does not pay then you can go to court to issue a Writ of General Execution or Specific Execution in which the sheriff or constable will sell the assets of your ex- husband and will pay you. If your ex-husband is not having sufficient assets then you can demand Writ for Garnishment of Wages in which you can claim part wages to be attached and given to you.



    • #3
      Re: How to get ex-husband to pay?

      If it was reduced to judgment, see:

      Collecting on a small claims court judgment - WORLD Law Direct


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  

      the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.