Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jurisdiction and Custody (dual citizenship)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurisdiction and Custody (dual citizenship)

We have decided to divorce. We live abroad and have for 3+ years. We live in his home country. My daughter has dual citizenship. I have US. We lived in WA state for one year before moving here and have a home there. Is residency required to file in home state in international cases or is being domiciled there enough? He wants to file here in his home country, but the system is corrupt and he is powerful as well as his family. I am afraid I may lose my child to a corrupt court system. I also am domiciled in CA. Am I absouluely bound to file here because we have residency established here?

re: Jurisdiction and Custody (dual citizenship)

No---you can file in CA if you have certain contacts and domicile there.

It does get a bit detailed but confer with counsel. Email world law as well; they may help.

But you are not required to file in that foreign jurisdiction. If he files first and serves you papers, you may be subject to that proceeding depending on what country it is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X