Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRS refund: They said we have to wait 170 days to get the money

My husband pay child support, when i married him and got pregnant of my first child, he receive a court order and he could not found if that baby it was his or not. We been married now for 14 yrs and we have two kids, both with autism and another neurological disorder I do not work,he is who support all of as. Here is the question: This year he was behind $ 1800.00 but the IRS took from our refund $4800.00, the IRS said that the money it was send to the agency of child support and the agency said that we have to way for about 170 days to get that money because we report to the IRS to soon and they did not have enough time to let then now that it was only $1800.00, he has court in 02/04/2010 and they want him to pay everything that he own and then they return all the money $4800.00 in about 170 days. Why they care about that child and they don't care about this two kids with special needs? Why he has to pay everything even when he do not own that money because they has it there? Please help my family because I'm looking for some one in 14 yrs to explain to me why no body care about my kids, they deserve his parent support too.We always so worry about how he going to pay, because is his responsibility but also because we don't want him to go to jail. Thank you very much and forgive me for being to long in my question.

Sincerely, Kenia

re: IRS refund: They said we have to wait 170 days to get the money

I wish to inform you that in your case your husband can inform the court about the fact that his two other children are having autism and another neurological disorder. As he is the only earning person in this new family, therefore, it is difficult for him to meet the present child support obligations. Generally the court does not pass retrospective order but this may reduce the amount of future child support. Along with this your husband can show that in the best interest of all the children it is necessary that present child support level to be reduced so that even your kids can have proper necessary treatment. As regards past arrear you can inform court about the fact of hardship and can request court to modify or structure the past payments and along with this you can claim that IRS refund should be given to you so that the amount can be spent upon the medical expenses of your children. Further, it can be argued that the best interest of all three children should be seen here as the amount of child support affects all three kids.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X