Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Fault" divorce 6 month with no children

Virginia I received a letter from my husbands lawyer. States that he was retained by them for divorce matter. Hope to work out property/settlement agreement with the two of you. All communications should go directly to them and not my husband. They will be using 1/23/2010 as a date of seperation because he moved in his new apartment on that date. They will file the divorce complaint 6 months from 1/23/2010, which is the date of separation. I need to know do I have to respond to this letter now with a answer, and give a answer to the court as well? I am contesting the divorce for spousal support. I am on social security disability and can not afford a lawyer, I need to find a lawyer who is good to represent me pro bono or work with me at my income level. I need to know what I need to do right now. I already had a consultation with a lawyer and explained my situation. They told me my options and if I contest for spousal support they need a retainer for them $3,000, which I can not afford. Need help. What should I do?

Re: "No Fault" divorce 6 month with no children

I wish to inform you that you can apply for Legal Aid. In this you will be provided with a lawyer who can assist you provided you meet the conditions required by them. There are couple of non profit and other organisations in Virginia which provide such services. These organisations include Virginia Legal Aid Society, Inc., Blue Ridge Legal Services, Southwest Virginia Legal Aid Society, etc. which are providing the free legal aid to residents who have a low income. These legal aid organisations work in different areas of Virginia, so depending upon your area you can contact a legal aid society and can have your a lawyer. Further, you can always represent yourself in Court in Virginia. In this you can yourself contest the divorce without the lawyer and can fight for your rights.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X