X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counter-Petition to Modification to Time-Sharing Schedule

State of FL.

I filed a supplemental petition to modify time-sharing / parenting plan and attached a proposed visitation schedule. My ex currently has my daughter 20% of the time and my plan would actually increase his time to 35%. He refused this increase and that is why we are going to court now.

He now has filed a counter-petition stating he agrees a change in schedule is best, but he wants an equal 50% of time. He, of course, is then asking that his child support be reduced. But no proposed schedule was attached to his counter-petition. Should it have been? Does he need to file it? How would I get my hands on a copy of it to even agree or disagree with it?

If I prevail, will his increase from the 20% to 35% get him a decrease in support? Or does it have to be 50%. What are the advantages to him of having her 50%? I know he doesn't actually want her that often.

Re: Counter-Petition to Modification to Time-Sharing Schedule

I don't think the increase to 35% will reduce support but check with your child support enforcement office there.

I did not change mine when that happened but I am not in FL.

Comment

It can change:

Once ordered, the child support payment cannot change except by a change in the court order. A party may ask for a modification of their child support order for reasons such as an increase in either parent's earnings--this can include additional income from remarriage, a decrease in income due to a job change, a change in custody--in which the child support order may be reversed,

a change in the amount of time the child spends with each parent,

or the specific needs of a child or either parent change due to a medical disability, etc.

Comment

Florida actually uses the 40/60 split, not 50/50. Understand though, even if you change the time to 35/65, his support can go up, go down, or stay the same. Florida also has a rule that support in order to chnage, must be a difference of 15% or 75$ which ever is greater.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x

Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

Working...
        X