X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teen pregnancy-emancipation

Kentucky:
    I have joint custody of my 14 year old daughter who is now 17 weeks pregnant. She resides w/ her father, who has primary custody. What are her rights as far as emancipation & her legal rights to choose who she wants to live with? Her dad fights me everytime we go to court. I cannot afford an attorney. He currently receives 15% of my income for child support. He also wants her to put the baby up for adoption she does not want that, at least not yet.
    What are the possible moves from the judge if we go asking for a change in custody?

Re: teen pregnancy-emancipation

Her rights have not changed! She is still under full authority of her parents regardless of her condition. She can only make medical decisions for herlself and child everything else is under parental control. How old is the Father and has social services been told of her condition yet?

Comment

Originally posted by jmason100 View Post
      Kentucky:
      I have joint custody of my 14 year old daughter who is now 17 weeks pregnant. She resides w/ her father, who has primary custody. What are her rights as far as emancipation & her legal rights to choose who she wants to live with? Her dad fights me everytime we go to court. I cannot afford an attorney. He currently receives 15% of my income for child support. He also wants her to put the baby up for adoption she does not want that, at least not yet.
      What are the possible moves from the judge if we go asking for a change in custody?
      neither you or dad have the right to force her to place her child for adoption or have an abortion. its her decision alone. neither of you have any rights to this child. she can decide whom to live with when shes 18. and btw, the father may face criminal charges for getting her pregnant, the age of consent in ky is not 14, which means she cannot legally consent to sex or any sex act.anyone who engages in any type of sex act with her breaks the law.

Comment

you commented that the father could face criminal charges for "getting her pregnant." i didn't read anywhere in the mother's question where she said the ex-husband was the father of the grandchild. the 14 yr. old may be in his custody, yes, but it is my understanding she got pregnant on her own outside of his supervision. and for those who think you can stop teenage sexual activity, no matter how hard you try, they will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          you commented that the father could face criminal charges for "getting her pregnant." i didn't read anywhere in the mother's question where she said the ex-husband was the father of the grandchild. the 14 yr. old may be in his custody, yes, but it is my understanding she got pregnant on her own outside of his supervision. and for those who think you can stop teenage sexual activity, no matter how hard you try, they will do it.
          No matter how hard we try, we coulldn't stop everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Learn to read more carefully. The responder said the BABY'S father (the teen's boyfriend who got her pregnant) could get into legal trouble for getting her pregnant.

The responder in no way indicated or insinuated the OP's ex-husband was the culprit.

The 14 year old is a minor and yes, the parents CAN order an abortion or adoption WITHOUT the minor's consent. She's still a minor and under their LEGAL guardianship/control.

Comment

Thanks for replying! Luckily, my ex-spouse didn't make her give up our grand daughter for adoption. She is a beautiful healthy 9 month baby girl. I have limited contact with them, only when my ex-husband allows it. Thanks to the judges rulling that it was my fault she got pregnant! (I don't have the equipment to make that happen.)
              I have discovered that my ex has nacarcissistic personality disorder. It is on a counselor's description of him from 2003. He was ordered counseling after a 4th degree assult charge against me when we were divorcing. It is terrible living with someone that has this disorder. Is there any legal way of gaining custody of my daughter & granddaughter on the basis of this disorder?
              He recently got in an argument with my 15 year old daughter (the one with the baby) and attempted to choke her. The police did not arrest him because there "weren't any marks." How can I get them out from under him when the judge only sees the 'perfect father' before her in court? And, yes, there is a history of violent outbursts & run-away issues with my daughter. He abused animals & myself when we were married. How can I get the courts to listen that this is not a healthy home for my teen & my grand child?

Comment

Teenages receive no prenatal care at all during their first trimester. The lack of medical attention can lead to problems later on. If they go forward with the pregnancy, the pregnancy could be complicated with an increased risk for mother and baby. Let's spread the word about teen pregnancy, its reasons and consequences: motherhow.com/teenage-pregnancy-facts-you-should-know/

Comment

Not only are you necroposting but with worthless info at that.

Comment

I have a 15 year old daughter that is pregnant. When she gives birth does she have any adult rights or any further rights, or must she still continue to obey me as she is a minor.

She says the school counselor told her that she becomes an adult once the child is born and that my daughter can therefore do what she wants at that point. I can't quite believe that that was really said or that that is true.

Comment

She is medically emancipated and has the right to keep her medical info private.

Otherwise no, she's still a child who is arguably in need of more parenting, not less. School guidance counselors need to stay in the shallow end of the pool.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X