Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i as an aunt have any rights to my sisters kids as visiting rights?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i as an aunt have any rights to my sisters kids as visiting rights?

Ontario

do i as an aunt have any rights to my sisters kids as visiting rights?

Re: Do i as an aunt have any rights to my sisters kids as visiting rights?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ontario

do i as an aunt have any rights to my sisters kids as visiting rights?
    no you dont. you have no rights to these children at all. not even custodial rights.

Comment

You may be able to petition the court if you can prove there is a danger to the child from either parent, and/r if you can establish that you have a bonded, solid history of having a relationship with the child, but unfortunately, the odds are stacked against you, as you are not a parent. Only parents have rights to children.

Without proof the child is in danger, it's unlikely you will receive visitation rights.

Comment

You may be able to petition the court if you can prove there is a danger to the child from either parent, and/r if you can establish that you have a bonded, solid history of having a relationship with the child, but unfortunately, the odds are stacked against you, as you are not a parent. Only parents have rights to children.

Without proof the child is in danger, it's unlikely you will receive visitation rights.
        no she cant. its up to her sister who is allowed to have contact with HER children.

Comment

You are wrong about that. If it can be proven the parents are unfit, the aunt can, indeed, petition the court for guardianship and/or visitation. She may not win, but she very well can do it.

You need a psychiatrist. Stop hanging around this board giving out one trick pony "advice".

Comment

You are wrong about that. If it can be proven the parents are unfit, the aunt can, indeed, petition the court for guardianship and/or visitation. She may not win, but she very well can do it.

You need a psychiatrist. Stop hanging around this board giving out one trick pony "advice".
            she ahs no rights to child/ren that are not hers. period. the parents have 100 percent control who has contact with the kids

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Frown :( Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X