Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desprate mom

I currently live in the state of Illinois. My ex husband and children live in the state of Nevada. I have only supervised visits with my children right now and would like to get that changed to me being able to see my children unsupervised when I get the chance to go to Nevada. He has an attorney and I would like to know if I should do the same. Do I need one from Nevada or Illinois? And how would I get a court date set, for us to see a judge to get my visitiation changed?

Re: desperate mom

You need an attorney where the court that is deciding this case is located.

But yes it would help to have counsel, or legal aid if you cannot afford counsel.

Comment

Re: desprate mom

Okay if you live in Illinois and the case is there then that is where you would need the attorney but if it's on Nevada then that is where you will ned to find a attorney.. First of all When you file for change of Visitation you will file in the courts that has that case, You will file a pettion for Change Of Visitation and you can make it where you have visitation on weekends in Nevada rather it's at a friends house or Family or local hotel for the weekend so you can see your children,. It will depend on the reason that you have supervised visitation in the first place.. but that is what you will need to do file the paperwork in the county and state the has the case and get a attorney in that county and state that has that case and yes you should always want a attorney in any custody case as I was told by a Judge only a fool represents himself/herself in any situation.. that was the wisest thing I was told.. I hope I helped... Good Luck..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x

the color of milk is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X