USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing my sons last name: Do I need a lawyer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    re: Changing my sons last name: Do I need a lawyer?

As long as you two agree and file the paperwork in court the judge will sign the paperwork and the name will be added on the birth certificate but if the mother refuses then yes will will need a lawyer now for some reason she agrees up to the point that you go to court make sure she has her signature on everything cause if she decides in court to change her mind she can do that and then you will need a attorney unless the judge sees that she did and was willing to do it in the first place then it won't matter.. But you also can hire a sttorney and he can do all the leg work for you and all you need to do is take the certificate to the local court house to change it cause he did everything in court for you two.. Hope this helped... Good Luck...

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    re: Changing my sons last name: Do I need a lawyer?

You don't have to have a lawyer--but will likely need to go to court.

see legal forms on the home page of the wld site--click home at the top of this page

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic Changing my sons last name: Do I need a lawyer?

Changing my sons last name: Do I need a lawyer?

My son has the last name of his mother. I would like it to be mine and the mother has agreed to let it be changed. Do I need to seek a lawyer and go thru the court to get his name changed even though the mother agrees. Please help me in what needs to be done to change his name.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x

the color of a banana is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X