No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hntzmom

    My ex-husband owes over $3000 in child support. We go to court in Dec. I am afraid he's going to try to give up his rights. Can he do that if I oppose and if he owes money?

  • #2
    Re: hntzmom

    No--he cannot do that. He has to pay.


    • #3
      Re: hntzmom

      There is not to many court systems that allow a parent to give up there Parental Rights anymore unless there is alot of proof that he isn't a good father in many ways.. But it's unlikely that he can do it, plus even if he gives his parental rights up as long as there is arrears he will still have to pay and in some cases even with the parental termination he still has to pay Child support for that child.. I know that cause i went thru it 6 years ago.. Well i hope that is helped you enough.. Good Luck...


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      the color of snow is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.