USAC Banner 728x90



No announcement yet.

Support Modification (Indiana)

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Support Modification (Indiana)

    I live in Indiana and I have custody of my son and daughter. My ex pays support and wants to have it reduced. I have obtained my degree and I do make more money. She too has had a few raises since the divorce. She retained an attorney and they sent the lawyer I had during the divorce the paperwork. Since this is pretty much set in stone using the formula provided do I need to get an attorney. She is asking for me to pay her legal fees too. I asked her why she didn't just get the paperwork and work it out together. She said "I have already paid my attorney". I feel like this could and should have been worked out between the two of us which would have saved us a lot of money. I feel like this is a waste of money and the courts time if we end up in court over something I don't have a problem with. Any help would be appreciated.

  • #2
    re: Support Modification (Indiana)

    You certainly can try to do it alone--many people do; if it becomes confusing or you feel you need help, ask the judge to delay until you get counsel.


    • #3
      re: Support Modification (Indiana)

      Well I'm not sure on the situtation that you are requesting but if you have the children and shes paying the support and they raised her support and you two agree that you want it lowered then you can file a change of Support and the judge will agree to it if you two agree but if you don't agree you can still file a change of support to raise it or lower it as long as you can prove she has a pay increase then most likely they will raise it.. It depends on what you want.. But if you two can agree on something then pick up the paper work and fill out and then file it thru the courts for change of support and see what happens and if she has a attorney then it is best that you have one two cause it's better to have one then not have on as a judge told me only a fool represents themself in court and that was the best advice I could take..Good Luck...


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.