The United States Arbitration Corporation (USAC)

USAC Banner 300x250

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce. Should he file for visitation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce. Should he file for visitation?

My boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce from his wife. They have been seprated for a year and she has her own apartment, been working 6yrs and has a car in her name. The question is she has a daugther who is 7who she had with somone before they got married. My boyfriend has supported that child in everyway and wants to know could he file or should he file for visitation rights?

re: Boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce. Should he file for visitation?

He can certainly ask the court for it. If a relationship exists the court will likely grant visitation.

Comment

re: Boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce. Should he file for visitation?

First of all it depends on if her father is in the picture..if the father is in the picture there isn't much he can do.. Next if the father isn't in the picture and he adopted her then yes he can file for visitation and pay support on the child.. But then if he didn't then again there isn't a chance. Now it depends on how long he has been in the picture..If he was there when she was born and has been raising her since a baby till she's 7 then there is a slight chance that he might but again it depends cause he's not the biological father of this child his best bet would to leave it be I understand that he may love this child but without him being a biological father and her only being 7 years old I believe that the courts will not allow it.. Now if the mother is willing to allow him to see her then make a agreement up between them and go from there... But if she doesn't then I'm sorry all I can say is what i know and my exes only get to see my children cause i allow it and the judge refuses to set a order cause they weren't in there life over 15 years..and they weren't biological children but all you can do is call your local courts and ask them but again I don't believe that they will allow that..Good Luck..

Comment

Re: Boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce. Should he file for visitation?

Originally posted by LaStar00 View Post
        My boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce from his wife. They have been seprated for a year and she has her own apartment, been working 6yrs and has a car in her name. The question is she has a daugther who is 7who she had with somone before they got married. My boyfriend has supported that child in everyway and wants to know could he file or should he file for visitation rights?
        no he cant. he has no legal rights to a child that is not his.

Comment

Re: Boyfriend is in the process of getting a divorce. Should he file for visitation?

Originally posted by LaStar00 View Post
          Unless he's recognized by law as the child's legal father, he is not entitled to visitation rights.

He can try to file for it, but he will be wasting his time.

Comment

Did you happen to notice this thread is from 2006!?

Comment

Originally posted by sunlover View Post
              Yes. What are you doing here commenting if you're aware it's an old post? Nobody's forcing you to read or comment on these threads, in case you hadn't realized.

If the owners of this forum had a problem with people posting on old threads, don't you think they'd close them? Perhaps you can contact them and ask them for that job since it seems to bother you so much.

Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by sunlover View Post
                Haven't you noticed that it is always the "unregistered" people who troll these threads and resurrect the old posts? When they do, it's not like oops, I didn't realise it was an old thread. It's always to bash the people asking questions, or to bash those offering guidance. It's never to offer actual guidance of their own.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X