No announcement yet.

Visitations not being given (We live in New York State)

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Visitations not being given (We live in New York State)

    My husband had a daughter with a woman that he was not married to ten years ago. They had a court order for visitation every Thursday and whenever else the daughter wanted to see her father. At the beginning of this year, the daughter was staying with us almost every weekend. Then the mother got mad at my husband and refused to answer his phone calls or text messages. He tried for weeks to get ahold of her. Since then we have gotten married and had a child of our own. When the mother found out we got married she filed violations of support and a modification of support and visitation. Now the mother is trying to get his visitations revoked and increase the amount of support that he pays. (We live in New York State)

    We have had some initial court appearances, during which she has lied about him paying support and trying to contact her to see his daughter, and it appears that the judge has already made up his mind to side with the mother. What can we do? My husband loves his daughter very much and doesn't want to sign off his rights, but if he can't see her then why would he want to keep any rights. We just don't know what to do.

  • #2
    re: Visitations not being given (We live in New York State)

    The judge is not going to deny visitation unless some serious problem exists.
    And support is an independent issue and continues unless the child is adopted or turns 18 etc.


    • #3
      re: Visitations not being given (We live in New York State)

      First of all if there is a support order make sure that he pays it immediately have it taken from his pay automatically so there is no problems later..For visitation make sure have a notebook handing and write visitaion schedule order write the Month/date/year /time..that the visitation was..and rather it was denied or reather the visitation was complied with thru the order.. Also when visitation is denied then take the order to the local police department and make sure they see the order and when you are denied they will go to her home and tell her she has to comply with the order or else. Next the order won't be changed unless there is something that happened that the judge believes the order needs to be changed.. And as for the support the only way the order will change is if he's making more money but when you have her more then the order make sure you keep track of that and send in regular abatement forms for that visitation time..It's not much but it's worth it..Good Luck..


      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Stick Out Tongue :p Smile :) Mad :mad: Wink ;) Frown :( Big Grin :D Confused :confused: Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

      Do cats say meow or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

      widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.