USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I give up my parental rights if I have no contact info?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I give up my parental rights if I have no contact info?

I live in Washington and am biological mother to two children. My ex-husband currently has them and lives in New Mexico or has just moved to somewhere in Arizona. How do I give up my parental rights especially if I have no contact info for him except an email address and none for the children at all? The children are ages thirteen and fifteen. I am unable to pay much (i.e. the hiring of a lawyer) to do this process.

You cannot really do that unless another mother adopts them--but you can agree not to see them if you wish.

Comment

re: How do I give up my parental rights if I have no contact info?

First thing why do you want to terminate your parental rights to your biological children ? If you want to do this then you and your ex will have to agree to this first of all and then file for parental termination of your rights and there has to be a good reason why you want to do this this means you can not spport your children in any-way and you don't care what happens to them and you don't want nothing to do with these children..you can file in the court system where there is the order if there is no order then you can file in your county where you reside for change of custody/ visitation and tell the judge you want nothing to do with you children and you want to sign off all yor rights to these children and like I said there has to be something there that the judge can use to terminate your parental rights.. like you haven't had contact with them in over 6 months or more..and you would hurt them if they came to see you and you hate them so forth that is the only way any judge will grant parental termination.. If you can't show any of these things then you have no choice but to have visitation with your children or get custody of them or pay support it doesn't matter..good Luck..

Comment

I am being accused of being the father of 2 kids, the woman lives in arizona now. If a DNA test proves me to be the father, how can i go about signing over my rights without having to worry about financial support???

Comment

i don't see why you would want to give up your parental rights and to do so you'd have to go through the courts there is legal aid which is a lawyer paid by the government who do justas well and ask what you can do find out your rights decide weather you wanna see them and then decide your plan of action and think of thier feelings and whats best for them

Comment

even if you give up parental rights, if your are proven the father you must pay child support

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              even if you give up parental rights, if your are proven the father you must pay child support
              No....if you are proven the PARENT, you must support your child.
              Uhm....in this case, the poster is the mother....

Comment

Originally posted by tbyte View Post
                No....if you are proven the PARENT, you must support your child.
                Uhm....in this case, the poster is the mother....
                I think the poster above was referring to a father that posted within the mothers post.

Comment

in most states terminating all rights to the child can actually mean no support unless it is established before the termination. this is sonmething i have heard about from courts. also if you have a visitation right and hes keeping them from you you can petition the courts tohave him charged with kidnapping or extortion!!

Comment

Well, just about everything in that last post was incorrect. I'm not even going to bother going into the details...

Comment

This is something i ahve seen in other cases if its not the norm then just say "its not the norm" not the attack and run, mabey it hapens in a few cases and isnt the norm but you need to give more than a "its all wrong no details" oh and in many cases the kidnapping charges can be filed if you have partial custody and they leave the state withou tforwarding adresses and in some cases theres a clause that says they cannot leave the state fo rth etime being!!

Comment

Originally posted by halema25 View Post
                        in most states terminating all rights to the child can actually mean no support unless it is established before the termination. this is sonmething i have heard about from courts.
                        Terminating rights is much more difficult and complex than this. The father in the post cannot simply "sign over his rights". The mother must be remarried and the new father must be willing to adopt the child and assume full financial responsibility, and the State must clear it to make sure all governmental support received by the mother has been repaid.

Originally posted by halema25 View Post
                        also if you have a visitation right and hes keeping them from you you can petition the courts tohave him charged with kidnapping or extortion!!
                        No. He (or she) can be charged with contempt. Not kidnapping or extortion.

Let's not be posting guesses or speculation, please.

Comment

What will happen if the father was paying child support and now give up his right cause the child hate and doesn't want to do anything with him.. Will it be better for he to keep on pay or just give up right cause he is just paying just to pay...

Comment

Giving up your parental rights is a simple as having no contact with your child.
                            Giving up your parental responsibilities would require your ex to remarry, and his/her new spouse adopting your children and accepting full financial responsibility.
                            Until that happens, you are obligated to pay child support whether or not you act as a parent.

Comment

Originally posted by tbyte View Post
                              Giving up your parental rights is a simple as having no contact with your child.
                              Giving up your parental responsibilities would require your ex to remarry, and his/her new spouse adopting your children and accepting full financial responsibility.
                              Until that happens, you are obligated to pay child support whether or not you act as a parent.
                              hi, but what happens if they were very marriage they were just boyfriend and girlfriend..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X